Our client is a dynamic, multi-faceted Technology business. Due to continued growth they are recruiting for the position of Product Lead which is a key role sat within the Group Business Intelligence function. Key Responsibilities / Duties include:
• Work with the Delivery Director and Insight Partners to formulate the Analytics product roadmap and the implementation strategy.
• Fully understand and manage the product and service demands and liaise with Insight Partners to verify and prioritise cross BU analytic and insight needs and eliminate ambiguity.
• Oversee the design and delivery of project solutions by working with Insight Partners, Analysts, Project Managers and the Delivery Team.
• Manage Insight Partner expectations by providing achievable timelines for outputs and ensuring Insight Partner satisfaction with results.
• Facilitate resolution of complexities and simplification of solution options by bringing together business and technical SMEs, Solution Architects, and other relevant resources.
• Liaise with the relevant service teams (e.g. Data Engineering, SDP, BTP teams) to resolve any data issues impacting project delivery.
• Assure the Quality, Accuracy and Security of outputs prior to sign-off and distribution.
• Ensure all outputs include any relevant terms & conditions clauses.
Business as Usual Service Delivery:
• Provide guidance and advice on smaller scale projects / use cases to the Insight Partner teams
• Actively solicit Insight Partner feedback for improving the BI Delivery services.
• Act as Deputy to the Delivery Director, proposing appropriate recommendations for service, process and application improvements, delivery strategy and optimization needs based on Insight Partner feedback and learnings from projects delivered.
• Act as an expert on internal data sets and on-going projects that may impact proposed and existing Insight, Analytics & Reporting solutions.
• Help to promote the use of Self-Served analytics and insights delivered via the Tableau, GCP BigQuery applications/tools
Skills & Knowledge:
• Management of Delivery Team resources to support simultaneous business demands whilst meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Proven ability to solve problems, handle conflicts, anticipate issues/concerns, troubleshoot problems, and proactively institute creative solutions quickly and in detail
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues, other dependent functions and departments.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
• Knowledge and experience working with Databases, BI tools and visualisation tools (e.g. SQL, Google BigQuery, Alteryx, Tableau etc.)
• Expertise and knowledge in Revenue, Billing, Subscriber and Usage domains as a minimum
• Ability to learn new business and data domains quickly (when required for a data project)
• Knowledge of working with large data sets performing analysis, data visualisation, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation/processing
• 5 plus years of Design/Development experience of BI and Advanced Data Analytics solutions
• 5 plus years of Product Owner experience (managing and prioritising backlogs, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, and ceremonies)
• Experience with direct supervision of on/off-shore delivery teams or complex BI project lead experience
• Experience working as part of a Reporting & Analytics team using BI tools (e.g. GCP, Google BigQuery, Alteryx, Tableau, OBIEE as primary skills) and Data Analytics tools/languages (e.g. SQL as secondary skills)
• Experience working with database developers and data engineers to ensure the data points are optimally tuned for BI & advanced Data Analytics applications.
• Experience using open source data to enrich the BI and Data Analytics activities and outputs.
• Experience working in a Global business environment.
• Experience of designing relational, dimensional models and/or Analytical data marts