Haine and Smith are a chain of Opticians with branches accross Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. We are looking for people who share the same ambition to deliver excellent eyecare as we do. Our dedicated team of professionals will go further than any other optician for their patients. We value our team and strive to be a great place to work. Scope
The position of Optical Advisor is one which is both varied and rewarding. If you have a background in Retail and Customer Service you can be trained to be an Optical Advisor. Our Optical Advisors are a vital link between our patients and professional staff and might best be described as 'the face of Haine & Smith', since they are usually the first point of contact for visitors to the practice.Main Responsibilities
Personal Specification - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Reception work such as greeting patients, scheduling appointments, dealing with outside correspondence and sending letters and invoices on behalf of our professional staff.
- Performing routine checks on patients' eyes as a preliminary part of their eye examination and advising new contact lens patients how to handle and look after their lenses.
- Carrying out minor repairs and adjustments to spectacle frames and providing advice on frame styling when requested.
- General administration such as balancing the till, banking, processing invoices and NHS payments and preparing end of day/weekly reports.
- Responsible for the day to day appearance of the practice, maintaining a high level of housekeeping at all times, i.e. merchandising displays, cleaning, stock control.
- Above all, looking after our patients in a friendly, compassionate yet professional way and to give them the high level of care that we have built our reputation on.
- You will also have the opportunity to progress to dispensing spectacles with further training.
- No previous optical experience is required, you will be provided will full training.
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service, in a professional but friendly manner in a previous job or work experience.
- GCSEs - Grade C or above in core subjects preferable (or equivalent qualification).
- A strong background in customer service and commitment to customer care.
- Confidence in dealing with people, with the ability to quickly and easily build rapport and relationships with patients and practice teams.
- To be able to communicate clearly and concisely, without using jargon or technical language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills, to ensure you're giving the customer the best advice.
- Sales experience, and the ability to inspire customer loyalty.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Teamworking skills, and the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations, able to act with tact and discretion.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Flexibility - able to be flexible on days worked and provide cover to other practices.
- Well-presented and professional.