Part of the Global Business Services team and responsible for all the financial, management and statutory accounting and reporting for overseas entities as well as partnering to the local businesses. Direct responsibility for the review of financials and key reporting.Client Details
My client is a global FMCG business with 7 manufacturing sites and over 75 years of tenure. They are very flexible around working from home. Description
The Financial Accountant will have the following duties;
- Timely and accurate submission of all statutory financial and management accounting and reporting for the business regions according to reporting deadlines
- Month end/year end reporting including completing monthly management accounts , operating expenses, group projects, exceptional items, taxation and miscellaneous income and expense
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Support the commercial activities by working directly with local management to measure, analyse and report on performance and profitability
- Understand the strategy and performance of the business in order to provide value add support to the business for key business decisions
- All fiscal and tax compliance reporting and submissions according to local requirements
- Timely and accurate preparation of budget working together with local teams
- Accountable for both internal and external audits including review of internal controls and policies
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis
The Financial Accountant will likely have the following profile;
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/CA desired)
- The ideal candidate will have over 3 years experience working in a senior financial accounting role
- Knowledge and experience in IFRS.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing business is highly beneficial.
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise their workload and commitment to meet financial deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self directed and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills and finance system experience essential, preferably JD Edwards.
The Financial Accountant will be offering the following package;
- Salary £45,000 - £56,500
- Bonus - up to 14%
- Pension - match up to 8%
- X5 salary in life assurance
- 3 months' notice applied
- Core hours 8.30am - 4.30pm M-F (37.5 hour week)
- 36 days annual leave including bank holiday's, 3 days fixed for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and NY Day. Remaining 33 to be used freely