Senior Finance Analyst - Derby - Offering up to £52,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a high growth infrastructure business in Central Derby to act as a business partner to senior transformation/operational stakeholders.
As Senior Finance Analyst, you will be working in partnership with a number of project teams as well as other Finance and business stakeholders to advance the Commercial Finance function as it expands into new lines of business, developing financial reporting, budgeting, and driving insight to enable better strategic decisions
The successful candidate will be a key player in this team, reporting to the Finance Director and providing support across a number of different areas, working closely with Transformational teams, Operations and Senior Execs.
The business is very open to the team working remotely and promotes flexible hours when based in the office.
- Support the FD to build the entire enterprise budget and future year forecasts
- Work in conjunction with the FD to prepare mid-year revenue and expense forecasts, liaising with key stakeholders across the business
- Understand and promote the Revenue Recognition principles
- Take responsibility for calculating the project revenue recognition for the monthly management accounts, ensuring the revenue recognised is reasonable and prudent, whilst in line with applicable accounting standards
- Assist the FD in preparing Board reports and other financial information where appropriate
- Take responsibility for analysing and providing hourly / daily / weekly rates for key business areas and labour types as appropriate
- Provide in depth analysis and reporting on key projects and business initiatives as appropriate
- Excellent analytical prowess and an ability to identify trends and relationships across numerous datasets to inform decisions and support recommendations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Ability to see value in the information you provide and to inspire others to make use of it.
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- High degree of Excel capability
- Has the gravitas and impact to influence senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account
Offering up to £52,000 basic
Benefits: Bonus scheme, 5% Pension contribution, 34 days holiday, Private Healthcare, very flexible working
Jobs you may have applied for may include commercial accountant, finance business partner, commercial analyst, finance analyst, finance business analyst.