Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager the post holder will be responsible for the management and ongoing development of the organisations data assets including the data warehouse, the data visualisation and development tools and the management of data quality.Client Details
NHS Resolution is an arm's-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care.? We provide expertise to the NHS on resolving concerns and disputes fairly, sharing learning for improvement and preserving resources for patient care.
We are currently going through an exciting IT transformation led by the organisation's Chief Information Officer. The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate, (DDaT) is an exciting high performing function with a challenging programme of work and a department structure aimed at progression, development and high operational and strategic outputs. As a result we are looking for talented DDaT professionals to join us on this journey. Description
- Management of the Business Intelligence infrastructure for NHS Resolution including SQL databases, data warehouse and reporting tools.
- Working with the IT team to plan and manage BI Infrastructure changes and upgrades.
- Responsibility for the ongoing performance and security of the NHS Resolution's BI Systems.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of the database systems including the underlying design, ETL processes, data marts, reporting layers and documentation.
- Management of the definition process for BI standards, guidelines and principles for all BI design and solutions within the organisation and responsibility for ensuring they are implemented.
- Responsibility to ensure constant data integrity throughout the data landscape
- Expert knowledge of the case management systems used within NHS Resolution and the underlying data sets.
- Review new datasets and data sources and assess implications for improving analytical methods and widening the analytical output of NHS Resolution.
- Manage the integrity of the data systems in relation to projects including the data warehouse project, the core systems project and other IT infrastructure and business change projects.
ProfilePlease note - to be considered for this role you must have experience of SQL and SSISSkills & Abilities
- Ensure thorough documentation of team Standard Operating Procedures and maintain documented library of bespoke analyses and queries to ensure output can be audited and repeated as required.
- Ability to collate, analyse and interpret extremely complex datasets.
- Proven ability explain complex analytical methods to non-analytical people
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify underlying problems by analysing information and find effective solutions
- Ability to manage a workflow and achieve short deadlines.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Advance Level of MS Excel
- Intermediate Level of MS Access, Word, Outlook, Visio and SharePoint
- Experience of managing multiple databases
- Experience of designing, developing and managing data warehouses or other complex relational databases
- Experience of designing, developing and managing ETL Processes
- Experience of using Power BI and creating reports/analyzing data using it.
- Extensive experience of analysing complex datasets effectively in a variety of settings
- Experience of working with and combining data contained within different data sources
- Extensive experience of complex SQL code to include development of scripts, functions and procedures
- Experience of using and implementing SSRS and SSIS
- Experience of using and building Azure or other cloud based solutions
- Experience of supporting and enabling AI technologies
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to better understand their data and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality within the workplace (particularly within the NHS)
- Knowledge and understanding of Equality Act (2010)
- Knowledge and understanding of Freedom of Information Act (2000)
- Knowledge and understanding of Data Protection Act/General Data Protection Regulations (2018)
- In depth specialist knowledge of statistical and information data analysis
- Flexible working with commitment to travel to London or Leeds a minimum 1 day per week / 4 days per month
- Salary of £38,890- £44,503 (plus London Weighting of £6890)
You will be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- NHS pensions
- Flexible working
- Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Eye care vouchers for SpecSavers
- 24 hours employee assistance programme from Health Assured (EAP)
- Health service discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position, please submit your CV ensuring details of where you meet the essential criteria required for the role are clearly demonstrated. Application deadline is 23:55pm, on 10th August 2021