The Information Business Partner will work with specific teams to ensure delivery of business intelligence and/or data related products, tools and techniques which support the ongoing operations and strategic direction of the organisation.
Reporting to the BI Business Partner Manager this role assists with the production, development and promotion of statistical and information services, and present the results to internal and external customers.Client Details
NHS Resolution is an arm's-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care.? We provide expertise to the NHS on resolving concerns and disputes fairly, sharing learning for improvement and preserving resources for patient care.
We are currently going through an exciting IT transformation led by the organisation's Chief Information Officer. The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate, (DDaT) is an exciting high performing function with a challenging programme of work and a department structure aimed at progression, development and high operational and strategic outputs. As a result we are looking for talented DDaT professionals to join us on this journey.Description
ProfilePlease note - to be considered for this role you must have experience of SQL Skills & Abilities
- Liaise with a range of staff and external bodies to identify their requirements and provide timely and relevant analysis and reports.
- Act as a point of reference on statistical and analytical techniques and methods, providing specialist advice and guidance throughout NHS Resolution.
- Assist other members of staff at NHS Resolution with data issues relating to their roles on both a regular and adhoc basis.
- Provide analysis and insight to internal customers.
- Create, modify and review bespoke reports as and when required.
- Propose improvements to the collection and management of data within the organisation
- Analyse, understand and interpret data from multiple sources to produce information and/or reports for NHS Resolution's Senior Management Team, NHS Resolution Board, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and internal service delivery teams.
- Develop statistical and analytical methods for the production of regular statistically-based analysis for external stakeholders, (e.g. NHS Trusts, Department of Health and Social Care, Government Actuary Department). Support various internal stakeholders including individual staff performance analysis, risk management reports and financial reporting.
- Lead on the collection, analysis, production and presentation of internal and external reports for internal projects, external initiatives and the wider organisational performance.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on statistical and information matters.
- Manage, develop and maintain internal databases.
- Have a detailed understanding of the case management systems used within NHS Resolution
- Ability to collate, analyse, interpret and explain complex datasets
- Intermediate level of VBA and SQL coding
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Intermediate reporting experience in SSRS E
- Intermediate Level of MS Access, Word, Outlook, Visio and SharePoint
- Proven ability to work with operational teams to identify data problems and agree negotiated outcomes/actions
- Ability to identify underlying problems by analysing information and suggest effective solutions
- Extensive experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to understand their reporting and analysis requirements
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and achieve short deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience within a similar area of work
Knowledge & Understanding
- Experience of using Tableau or Power BI for reporting and analysis
- Data analysis and statistical techniques
- Extensive experience of analysing complex datasets effectively in a variety of settings, ideally within the NHS or equivalent
- Experience of working with and combining data contained within different data sources
- An understanding of information governance and relevant legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality within the workplace (particularly the NHS)
- Flexible working with commitment to travel to London or Leeds a minimum 1 day per week / 4 days per month
- Salary of £38,890- £44,503 (plus London Weighting of £6890)
You will be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- NHS pensions
- Flexible working
- Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Eye care vouchers for SpecSavers
- 24 hours employee assistance programme from Health Assured (EAP)
- Health service discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position, please submit your CV ensuring details of where you meet the essential criteria required for the role are clearly demonstrated. Application deadline is 23:55pm, on 10th August 2021