We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Assistant Accountant
with local government experience to primarily focus on the Council's funding position, working closely with districts and boroughs and other senior stakeholders in the finance team for one of our local government clients based in Chelmsford.
The Assistant Accountant
will deliver all aspects of financial management reporting (both Revenue and Capital) with key members of the Finance team and budget holders to ensure customer needs are met. They will be responsible for the preparation of high quality financial advice, information and analysis to budget holders within a functional area, across the financial cycle.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
Please apply for further information
- Minimum full AAT (Level 4) qualification or equivalent, plus one year's experience as an Accounting Technician.
- Local Government experience ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge and understanding of financial management, financial planning and management for budgets and experience of providing financial advice to budget holders.
- Experience of working with a range of financial systems and processes.
- Evidence of working collaboratively and engaging with senior managers and finance colleagues across the finance function, together with good communication skills.
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation and contributing to change.
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.