This Growth Advisory team provides support that enables their clients to increase the chances of raising capital. They prepare a business to be 'investor ready'. This involves developing business plans and financial forecasts that will stand up to investor scrutiny.Client Details
This Manager role is in a small team which fits within the M&A service line at a large accountancy firm. Description
This team's focus is supporting UK growth businesses to raise funds of between £1-10m from a variety of sources including senior debt, venture debt, mezzanine, venture capital and private equity.
They aim to prepare a business to be 'investor ready'. This involves developing business plans and financial forecasts that will stand up to investor scrutiny.
As a Manager, you will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for fund raising work, involving private owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
- Project manage client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports, information memoranda, business plans, investor presentations and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Scope, prepare and review financial models using Excel
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
- Contribute to the successful development of the client relationship
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work, including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Corporate Finance team.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience working with entrepreneurial companies is ideal
- Some fund raising corporate finance advisory experience is preferred, but not essential
- Self starter
- Commercially curious with the desire to understand the quality of the business and the market it operates in
- Strong relationship building skills capable of developing and nurturing both internal and external contacts
Salary up to £65,000 + benefits and discretionary bonus.