Role: Electronics Team Leader / engineering manager
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 + benefits
My client based in Warwick are looking to hire a Electronics Team Leader / engineering manager to help manage a team of 35 engineers.
As Team Leader you will be leading the Electronics department. You will work alongside technical specialists in the Electronics field and will execute and delegate tasks as
appropriate to ensure delivery of the highest performance on time and on budget.
You will work closely with the Team Leaders of Software, Systems and Mechanical Engineering to ensure a co-ordinated approach to design, development and delivery.
You will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of electronics and have experience designing power electronics systems such as DCDCs, SMPS, inverters and motor drives.
Knowledge of switching devices (e.g. MOSFETs, IGBTs, SiC etc.) and gate drive circuits is essential.
You will be familiar designing systems to work on low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) (automotive or similar) electrical systems, 12V/24V vehicle buses, CANbus and other appropriate technologies, as well as HV traction & charging systems.
You will be comfortable taking responsibility for the performance of your team and you will demonstrate natural leadership behaviour.
To fulfil the role you will:
* manage a team of engineers
* drive budgetary requirements, recruitment and strategy
* be responsible for the professional development of your team
* ensure adherence to requirements documentation
* ensure technical delivery
* support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
* support product documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
* understand the implications of ISO26262
* be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
* be capable of the highest quality of communication to your team, the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
* be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on-site at their premises
* understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
* demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
* exhibit strong owner ship behaviour and demonstrate commitment to the whole business
Minimum educational qualifications:
* Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
* you will have a minimum of ten years working within a similar field including at least three years leading a team
Other advantageous skills
* knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
* experience of MATLAB, LTspice, Eagle, Altium, Rhapsody & Doors.
* familiarity with embedded software
* experience of working with electric vehiclesJo
* knowledge of designing for high voltages ( * experience of DFMEA
* experience with ISO26262, or similar, and ASIL rated system.
* experience with designing hardware to integrate with power electronics experience designing magnetics (inductors/transformers etc)
How to apply?
Send a CV to (url removed)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas