Job Title: Audit Semi Senior
Job Type: Full time permanent
Salary: £22000 - £28000
Our Kent region is currently recruiting for an Audit Semi Senior to join them on a permanent basis. As Audit Semi Senior in Kent, you will join a closely-knit team to provide a first-class service to our portfolio of local and national clients.
• Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with procedures and occasionally on smaller jobs act as senior.
• Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing to more junior members of staff where appropriate and design specific tests if appropriate.
• Prepare clear logical schedules, fully cross referenced to supporting documentation and other sections of the audit file, ensuring that all amounts agree to lead schedules and the accounts.
• To have an understanding of the preparation of statutory accounts primarily for companies as well as some LLPs and charities.
• To have an understanding of the preparation of corporation tax and corporation tax returns.
• Supervise more junior members of staff as appropriate, including checking their work and providing guidance as required.
• Manage own time and that of any junior staff, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget.
• Review of junior staff work.
• Complete stock takes and write up detailed notes and results.
• Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs.
• Complete audit review forms on juniors.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Studying professional stage ACA or ACCA, or AAT qualified and wishing to study professional stage ACA or ACCA - with experience in practice.
• Double entry bookkeeping skills.
• Basic tax knowledge - how to prepare corporation tax computations.
• Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare.
• Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff preferable (6-12 months experience).
• Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards.
• Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments.
• Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload.
• Client focused
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role