NSB Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work for a fast-growing company in the waste to energy sector.
You will be responsible for the control, production and quality of the mechanical design and analysis deliverables for a range of static and rotating equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies. Responsible for ensuring all work is delivered in a professional manner in accordance with the company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, commissioning and maintenance of operational units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
* Overall responsibility for all Mechanical Engineering activities across the business.
* Carry out detailed mechanical engineering design work including 3D modelling, design calculations and material selection.
* Establishment and maintenance of systems, procedures and design documentation within the mechanical function.
* Support Engineering Manager in creation and implementation of best engineering practices, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
* Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of the units.
* Responsible for the timely and quality delivery of the 'off the shelf' product range designs.
* Support Project Manager to develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, manhour expenditure, and quality objectives.
* Produce tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
* Deliver technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
* Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
* Evaluate the challenges faced regarding product development, provide mitigation for risks and develop opportunities.
* Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and process engineering.
* Technical oversight and mentorship of junior engineers and designers. Identify any personal or team training needs to Engineering Manager.
* Support development of training packages to be delivered externally to clients.
* Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs and risk reviews.
* Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures.
To be considered for this exciting Senior Mechanical Engineer role, you will need the following:
* Minimum BEng/MEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems. Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
* Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering materials selection, design for fatigue, thermal assessment and development of calculation / simulation methods and tools.
* Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
* Experience and proven ability to use 3D computer modelling software and 2D CAD drafting software.
* Hands on experience of maintaining mechanical equipment is desirable.
Why apply for this Senior Mechanical Engineers role:
You will be part of a team that wants to make a difference! Our client has a fast-growing presence in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive.
They are working towards ZERO landfill, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value. Based in the UK but will ultimately have an international presence, with links to industry, academia and beyond. Giving you the opportunity to develop the role within an entrepreneurial & innovative team.
A small team of likeminded, driven professionals that are dedicated to the business goals.
In return the client can offer a salary up to £65,000 + Benefits:
* Challenging & diverse projects
* Travelling opportunities
* Career growth and international mobility
* 25 days of holiday per year
* Great learning and development opportunities
* Bonus, Pension & Private Medical