This is a great opportunity to take up a position of responsibility and really help the NHS during these difficult times. This role would be for at least the next 3 months and there would also be the opportunity to secure a permanent contract in the New Year.
The role would be full-time hours paying £10.09ph basic rate, with an enhanced rate for working after 20.00 during the week and Saturdays, £13.72ph and a further enhancement for working Sundays and Bank Holidays, £17.35ph.
For the right candidate the role would be to start immediately.
The role of a NHS Hospital Porter Team Leader involves:
As with any role at present these duties are subject to change and we require all applicants to have a fluid and flexible approach if successful.
* Reporting incidents and departments performance to management
* Preparing rotas and staffing levels - mindful of staff absences and annual leave
* Dealing with day to day staffing issues that arise
* Managing and organising staff on a day to day basis
* Covering the front desk when required
* Leading by example and fore filling the duties of the rest of the portering team:
* Safely and carefully moving patients around site, being a pleasant, yet professional face at all times
* Moving equipment quickly and efficiently around the site
* Cleaning and domestic duties as required
* TAKING EVERY PRECAUTION TO BE HYGIENIC AT ALL TIMES WHILST AT WORK AND AT HOME SO AS NOT TO SPREAD CORONAVIRUS
What we are looking for:
* Someone with team leader / supervisory / management experience
* A hands on individual who doesn't mind rolling their sleeves up and pitching in
* An excellent communicator with fantastic people skills
* Adaptability, durability, cool head and patience is also a necessity
* You will need to be flexible in relation to hours, with all successful applicants working full-time hours on a rota basis with a mix of early, late and night shifts.
* You will also need to work on the December bank holidays
* Experience in a facilities / industrial working environment would be advantageous but is not essential
Though every effort shall be made by the NHS to reduce the health risks to you, you shall be working in a hospital environment where coronavirus shall be prevalent - THIS IS A FRONT LINE ROLE. However all correct procedure and protocol shall be followed & the correct PPE provided.
Please apply ASAP, your NHS needs you. All shortlisted candidates shall be contacted within 72 hours of their application.
This role is being recruited to by Taskmaster Resources, acting as a recruitment business on behalf of our client