Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting-edge fintech projects throughout the UK. We are looking for a Java Developer to join their successful, stable, and growing team within an investment bank.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
To be successful in this role you will come from a background in Software Development and will have solid experience as a Java Developer. Essential skills and experience required for this role include:
* Proven track-record of successful IT project delivery to high-pressure clients
* Significant experience coding with various languages - Java and Java based frameworks including Spring Boot are essential
* Experience with databases such as SQL
* Experience practicing Agile and Test-Driven Development
* Experience practicing Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Exposure across the Big Data landscape with practical experience of products and toolsets that facilitate storing and processing data at scale
* Can demonstrate the ability to thrive within a dynamic, fast paced environment with short delivery cycles and changing requirements
* Experience of working in a robust technology environment with a clear appreciation of software development best practices and change control procedures
* Understanding of the different architectural design patterns
* Understanding of data architecture and protocols
* Ability to develop code to stringent non-functional requirements
* Ability to conduct functional analysis of requirements
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues, such as performance degradation, on existing systems
* Understanding of the wider technology landscape, an interest in emerging technologies
* Working understanding of IT security and how it applies to application design, implementation and operation
* A strong understanding of the process of building applications, the technical environment within which they operate, the processes required to successfully manage their day-to-day operation and their ongoing maintenance and capacity planning
* Understanding of SOA & high-level IT architecture and microservices
* Experience of PaaS based solutions such as OpenShift
* Experience of GCP and associated native services
* Experience with streaming technologies
* Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, HELM and Ansible
* UI skills, pref Angular, highly desirable
Our client is looking for an experienced Java Developer ideally with experience of working within the investment banking or financial services sectors to join their busy team.
As a Java Developer you will be working within an Agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. You will work in close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams who are located in different regions and responsible for various parts of the investment bank.
Job role and responsibilities:
* Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
* Provide effective technical solutions
* Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
* Automated tests development
* Effective communication with stakeholders
* Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
* Release instruction and production rollout review and support
* Code/functionality documentation
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme