Job title: Cost Planner
Location: London & Southeast
Employment type: Full Time
Salary Range: £50,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Working for one of the UK's leading providers of Project Management services to the rail and infrastructure industries. The business was established in 2012 and has grown very quickly to £8.5m of sales and £2m of profit. This growth has been delivered through an entrepreneurial mindset alongside exceedingly high levels of client satisfaction, hard work, honest and transparent dealings, and the delivery of well thought out client solutions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Deliver assurance on costs, build robust forecasts, analyse and explain cost variances, draw value-added insight from financial performance, drive efficient cost performance and continuously improve processes.
The purpose of this role is to understand financial performance and drive cost efficiency whilst ensuring compliance with governance processes You will be continually evolving and improving financial models and forecasts to help drive the performance on projects to enable the successful delivery of objectives and ensure project controls are maintained. This role is critical to ensuring client projects are cost-effective while ensuring the integrity of financial data reported in core financial systems. Working with both internal and external stakeholders, you will gain a wealth of experience from exposure to a variety of departments.
Person Specification, Experience & Knowledge
* UK Rail sector experience.
* Qualified and experienced in cost planning, estimating and quantity surveying.
* A comprehensive knowledge of Cost Planning and Estimating processes and techniques.
* A comprehensive knowledge of Cost Analysis, Cost Modelling and Benchmarking processes and techniques.
* Wide and varied experience of large and complex civil engineering infrastructure projects and / or building projects.
* Relevant successful experience of the provision of Cost Planning, Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying services in a project environment.
* Understanding of the project management, planning, risk assessments and management, and investment authority processes associated with building and / or civil engineering infrastructure projects.
* Good communication, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
* Experienced user of appropriate Cost Planning, Estimating and Unit Cost Modelling computer software systems
* Knowledge and experience in comply with client governance and Cost Planning policies and processes
Degree or equivalent