Fibre Exchange Delivery Lead - QS/Civil Engineering/Contract management - Can be based IN ANY UK location - UK travel involved - 60 - 62k + Bonus + Bens
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role within the Telecommunications group building the new and exciting Gigabit Britain.
Reporting to the Fibre Exchange Delivery Manager, you will be accountable for the agreement of the Fibre Exchange site designs produced by the Site Design Partners, who are responsible for the creation of GA, DD and the Construction drawings required for the development of Industrial warehouse sites and greenfield fenced compound locations.
The post holder will also be responsible for the control of costs arising from contractor proposals and the management of Construction Variations to a minimum level at the final account stage.
Key aspects of the role are:
1. Agreeing site design proposals developed by the design partners and ensuring that they are correctly briefed on our site requirements.
2. Review of supplier construction proposals and tenders against site design requirements
3. Selection of construction partners and order placement.
4. Review and approval of cost and design variations arising during the course of the build.
5. Build cost tracking and reporting.
6. Variation management and approval.
7. The role will require significant travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays.
8. Assistance in build budgeting
If you have any of the following skills that would really help, but is not essential: