This position has full accounts ownership and accountability for all aspects of financial operations to drive the successful planning, execution, and measurement of the business. Focus will be both strategic and tactical to achieve targeted near- and long-term goals and objectives. The candidate will work directly with key leaders to drive major business decisions related to revenue growth, pricing, building business cases, control SG&A and focus on profitability. Drive working capital and supply chain efficiency as well as liaise with procurement. This role is responsible for the proactive pursuit, development and execution of key initiatives and profit-improving programs. The successful candidate will be ready to step up and foresee responsibilities a finance director in a foreseeable time frame.
Strategic Business Capability - Position is focused as strategic and tactical business partner to the UK Finance Director for UK Consumer BU and UK Country General Manager performing the following: (1) Assess performance and alignment of current strategy to goals and changing market dynamics. (2) Work with leadership team to create and implement business enhancing solutions in a dynamic environment. Key measure is business insights driven and grounded by business analytics: Product and consumer strategy, customer planning and strategy, supply chain efficiency and effectiveness. (3) Provide comprehensive business analysis and insights consisting of multi-functional perspectives, multi-variant analysis and identifies key drivers that generate results. This includes the assessment of financial trends, spending variances and identifying/developing causal drivers.
Customer Orientation - Utilizes market knowledge and customer relationships to drive insight. S/he understands the needs of the customer and uses this knowledge to deepen customer relationships and support commercial teams in delivering company's strategy.
Strategic Orientation - Defines a strategic vision in shaping the UK business linking it to clearly actionable initiatives while taking into account the impact on all parts of the business. S/he clearly articulates medium to long-term opportunities and threats and helps evaluate options and plans against anticipated global trends.
Activities/Accountabilities (what The Role Does) Assist country with development of the annual strategic plan (volume/revenue/gross profit and operating profit) for inclusion in the overall Regional Financial Plan. Leads a team of three.
· Ensure accurate and efficient distribution of commercial finance reports and other business intelligence essential to the commercial organization.
· Analyze various data from company performance and determine areas for improvement.
· Conduct ongoing O&R process to analyze volume and spend
· Provide analysis of pricing and promotional activities to drive effective use of trade spend and impact to internal profitability.
· Re-engineer the cost base to improve effectiveness and direct spending where needed.
· Participate in the development and adoption of new reporting tools as needed.
· Lead "commercial finance" training delivery to local commercial teams to develop capabilities focused on margin enhancement inclusive of pricing and promotional spend management and effectiveness.
· Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
· Hire, train and provide direction and leadership to Finance teams
· Good communication skills - ability to articulate points of view across levels and functions
· Comfortable with constructive challenge and build process with senior leadership
· Resourceful and proactive and takes initiative
· High standards of accuracy
· Strategic Business partner
· Bachelor's degree in various technical functional fields in finance and/or economics. A professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, or MBA is highly regarded.
· 7+ years' experience in finance and business management including partnering with marketing, sales and/or supply chain functions.
· 3+ in financial planning and analysis
· In-depth knowledge of profit and loss statements and Balance sheet as well as excellent analytical with a strong financial planning and reporting experience.
· Experience developing sales trends, forecasts, etc. and a demonstrated understanding of the impact of analytical data on company planning (volume/revenue).
· Superior work ethic, flexibility, time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and high accountability.
· Accountable to lead and effectively develop a team at varying stages of development.
· Ability to lead by influencing peers and colleagues using collaborative, flexible styles; generate buy-in and ownership.
· Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills