Are you an experienced Legal Professional with experience of managing high volumes of litigated RTA/Personal Injury cases? Do you want to continue to develop your career by working for a leading, expanding employer who offer fantastic training and development? Do you enjoy working on the more serious/complex cases? If you've answered yes to the above, you're going to be really interested in this role!
Salary - Up to £30,000 per annum depending upon experience
Location - Liverpool but with home working also
Benefits - 25 days holiday, medicash, pension, plus many more!
Overview of Role
To manage a mixed caseload of Fast Track Portal and not Portal RTA cases through all stages of the new and old Portals, to include litigating to Stage 3/to trial where appropriate. These cases will all have an element of head injury and it will be part of your role to identify and escalate cases where the Client has a head injury (or other serious injury) that may take it outside the portal or fixed fees. You will be supervised and supported by senior lawyers within the team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal and Non Portal claims, following the MOJ process/litigation process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
• To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
• To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously
• To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity
• To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum
• To minimise write offs of both wip and disbursements and to ensure that wip caps are not overridden
• To ensure that you keep on top of your schedule items and emails
Experience & Knowledge
• Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal and Non Portal claims
• At least two years of litigation experience running your own cases from beginning to conclusion
• An interest in serious injury litigation and a willingness to learn more around the subject matter of neurological injuries and the associated difficulties
• An ability to identify cases that have the potential to be worth more than 25k in value and escalate to your manager.
• A willingness to engage with charitable activities for our chosen charities
• Excellent negotiation skills with strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to prioritise tasks appropriately and work under pressure
• An empathetic approach to clients and professional approach to opponents and other professionals
• A can do positive attitude to work.
• To ask for help when out of depth and bring problems or mistakes to your managers immediate attention
• To assist other members of your team when asked. Those tasks may not be in your job description but would be reasonable requests.
• Competent working with our case management system and a good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
• A commitment to outstanding client care and securing 5 star client reviews at the conclusion of all your cases
Roberts Webb Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role