Assistant Care Manager
Location: Swallowdale, Jubilee Close, Edlington, DONCASTER , DN12 1EX
Full time, 35 hours per week
£23,719 per annum
Are you looking for your next career move?
Do you want to join a growing organisation?
Do you want to be part of a successful team?
If this person is you, please read on:
This is a great time to join Housing 21 as we have significant growth plans over the next 5 years which will enhance our customer experience.
With 118 Extra Care schemes and schemes planned to be developed over the next 5 years, Housing 21 is continuing to grow.
Extra Care supports older people to live independently in their own home, in purpose built apartments or bungalows in a community setting, with access to on site care and support services tailored to their own needs.
As an Assistant Care Manager you will provide a high quality and CQC compliant care service to residents within the Extra Care environment ensuring care workers are appropriately recruited, supervised and retained.
Shift Pattern: Working flexibly around the needs of the scheme. Day shifts will be from 6.30am-2.30pm and 2pm - 10pm and night work where needed. Also may include some elements to on call.
Main responsibilities of the job include:
• Carrying out assessment of new or existing residents. Ensuring all allocated residents have a comprehensive care plan in place
• Being responsible for the management and performance of care staff by providing induction, line management, supervision and support to a defined number of care workers
• Support the management team with all aspects of team management including but not limited to: recruitment, staff induction, training and disciplinary procedures and sickness absence
• Contributing to the services quality assurance system by way of auditing, conducting observations and responding to residents feedback
• Preparing rota's in line with commissioned care hours
• Acting as the responsible person for the safe running of the care service in the absence of the Registered Manager
The successful candidate will need:
• A good understanding of CQC regulation and how to apply these in practice (Essential)
• Supervisory experience (Essential)
• Demonstrable, hands on experience in delivering care to adults (Essential)
• Developing and reviewing care plans in line with people's needs and preferences (Essential)
• Experience of organising staff rotas and scheduling of care calls (Essential)
In return we will offer:
• Induction pathway and training
• Career progression
• 35 hours full time equivalent working week
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (However, would still need to work on bank holidays as required)
• Pension scheme
• Income protection
• Life Cover
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes - Cycle to work, holiday purchase and Car leasing scheme
Closing date: 8th August 2021