£240.96 per day PAYE or £300 per day Limited via an Umbrella Company (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for an experienced local authority qualified Divisional Accountant.
Divisional Account required for Exchequer Services of Council
Interview to be conducted remotely
Work from home on own device until corporate position changes (due later in 2021)
Appropriate industry qualifications required
Provide professional management accounting services adding value in the service delivery provided by Finance & Governance (F&G) or the finance function in service departments.
This will include:
* Providing expert analysis and advice, to aid the strategic decision making process.
* Promoting integration of revenue and capital planning and the service objectives of the departments and council.
* Providing high quality information and professional financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
* Contributing towards achievement of corporate and departmental goals in terms of maintaining Investors in People accreditation, good management practice, meeting financial targets and promoting the professional image of the finance function.
* Deputising for the Senior Finance Manager as required.
* The management of other staff delivering the finance function.
• CCAB qualified accountant, preferably CIPFA
• Relevant experience at a proven professional level
• Detailed, up-to-date knowledge of all relevant aspects of Local Government finance including Local Authority accounting, the finance of LG and financial administration
• Experience in all relevant management competencies as per schedule attach
• Extensive experience of the following:
-Financial Decision Making
-Financial Monitoring & Forecasting
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV. Colbern Limited along with our clients are an equal opportunities employer