About the job:
The role of the Room Leader is to work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and management to the Nursery room staff and to ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
Your role will be to:-
* To be responsible for and to oversee the day to day management, staffing, organisation and smooth running of the Nursery.
* To develop the ethos of Alpha Steps and to create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
* To be a member of the management team and to contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the Nursery.
* To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between 0 to five years in accordance with statutory requirements.
* To ensure the new EYFS is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to.
* To ensure effective communication between the nursery staff and with all partner organisations.
* To order and maintain equipment and resources in the Nursery
* To be accountable and responsible with the Quality assurance manager for day to day financial systems directly relating to the Day Nursery provision.
* To be responsible for admissions in line with the admissions policy agreed by the management team.
* To keep a register and up to date records of all children using the Nursery provision and to give regular feedback to parents about their child's development and progress.
* To be responsible for organising training and monitoring staff/students in the Nursery provision.
* Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification, e.g. Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development - or be working towards completion
* Completion of Safeguarding Awareness course (Group 2)
* A positive approach to gaining further qualifications
* Some understanding of the importance of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene in the workplace
* Highly competitive salary
* Day off for your birthday
* Discounted childcare for parents
* Ongoing professional development and training
* Pension scheme
* Uniform provided
* Employee loyalty scheme
* Maternity & adoption bonus
* Recommend a friend scheme
* Employee of the month scheme