About The Role
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Days: Monday- Friday
Location: London, EC1V 4LW
In this role as an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for operating the Service Desk within the IT Service and supporting the IT Manager in being a Customer Service Champion aswell as the development and delivery of the IT Strategy.
Furthermore, as the post-holder you will manage the ticketing system by logging/updating/closing service requests, queries and incidents in the most effective way possible. You will ensure to provide first & Second Line service desk technical support to the Place2Be's IT User base and technical input into project work (as required).
What will I be responsible for, you will:
* manage the ticketing system by logging/updating/closing service requests, queries and incidents in the most effective way possible
* analyse & resolve IT incidents with a varying degree of complexity
* assist on the maintenance of system performance across the Place2Be's IT estate
* provide support for in all organisation systems including inhouse and cloud software systems
* support and maintain Active Directory
* determine the priority of incidents with users/ IT Manager/Senior IT support Engineer
* maintain security of Place2Be's IT assets and the safety, confidentially and integrity of data held within Place2Be's computer systems
* escalate support requests to 3rd party partners such as Microsoft, FormationTech, Sysgroup, Cascade, Mimecast and Ethos Imaging among others if they are unable to resolve the issue on their own
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate will have:
* notable hands-on experience as service desk engineer
* strong technical understanding of Microsoft systems including windows 10 and office 365
* working knowledge of associated technologies including CRM's, unified communications, security, mobile and hardware technologies
* hands-on experience developing training programs for user groups
* high standard of general IT/office systems skills and knowledge, particularly Microsoft Office applications
* preferably a CompTIA qualification (Desirable)
1st Interview date: Thursday 22nd July 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
2nd Interview date: Friday 23rd July 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
* Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
* Robust Learning and Development Programme
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
* Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
* Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK's most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It's sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To apply or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details