* Reporting to the IT Support Manager you will be providing both first and second line IT support to approximately 3000 IT users located across the UK.
* Core hours are 8am to 5.30pm, covered on a weekly rota basis of 40hours per week.
* experience in or good knowledge of ITIL-based Service Desks, and SLA ticket-based systems
* some team leading experience and/or experience mentoring junior and less experienced staff.
* experience in a high-pressured environment, and working in major incident situations good supplier, 3rd party experience
Experience in supporting the following:
* Microsoft technologies, MS W10 and 7
* Hardware including but not limited to laptops, desktops, printers, telephony, mobiles, routers.
* basic networking, AD, terminal services, basic MS Exchange admin, O365
* basic telephony system experience, Mitel
* bespoke application user support, based on MS SQL
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* You will be the first point of contact for IT and IS requests and issues raised by the business, acting in the Support Tier team:
* Ensuring we have sufficient levels of cover to answer phones and act on ServiceDesk tickets within the agreed IT SLAs, escalating any issues to the Support Manager.
* Updating the Team rota, effectively communicating changes to the Team and highlighting any issues to the Support Manager.
* Ensuring a ticket is raised each time a request for assistance is made to IT by the business, or from our internal IT/IS teams.
* Answering phones, raising and updating tickets, monitoring incoming queues, and wherever possible troubleshooting and resolving ticket by providing advice and fault resolution on first contact, within our IT Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Using your technical knowledge and customer service experience, interpreting initial requirements. Where necessary obtaining further information from the requester, or internally within the BAU team in order to progress tickets through to resolution.
* Creating and issuing a ticket reference, each time a request for assistance is made by the business, or internal IT/IS teams.
* Assist in monitoring the IT infrastructure, raising support calls, escalating when appropriate.
* Working with senior team members and the IT Support Manager to facilitate the development of the Incident/Problem/Change Management process and managing the ServiceDesk tickets against defined SLAs improving call resolution times