1st Line Support / Helpdesk Analyst - Global Retail Systems company - Littlehampton, West Sussex
We are recruiting for a 1st Line Support / Helpdesk Analyst for a forward-thinking Software company providing world class IT solutions for Retail and Hospitality businesses here in the UK and abroad.
The 1st Line Support / Helpdesk Analyst will provide remote support and assistance for their Software & Hardware solutions working with customers in the UK and around the world.
This is not a 9 - 5 Job role, as this company's customer base is worldwide and their shift patterns reflect this, so the helpdesk shifts can vary, starting as early at 6am and finishing as late at 2.30am. The shift patterns are flexible and the Rota's are provided a month in advance and your normal working week will be 40 hours with the opportunity for overtime if desired.
The role is based in their Littlehampton Operations centre with the opportunity to split your Shifts between working in the office and working from home if desired.
You will be talking to customers regularly and at odd times of the day including very early in the morning and very late at night including customers who may not speak English as a first language
There is the occasional need to travel to assist with IT System installs in the UK and abroad so a Valid UK Passport and Drivers Licence would be beneficial
The job role includes:
* Dealing with helpdesk tickets and enquiries submitted by email alongside answering Live Chat enquires, you will be the first point of contact for customers seeking technical or troubleshooting assistance
* Updating and maintaining prices, products, users, passwords and other data for their fully managed clients
* Escalating Tickets to T2 & T3 Support when appropriate
* Running software and security updates remotely on Windows based systems located around the world
* Assisting Remotely and sometimes in Person with System Installs in the UK and Abroad.
* General customer support admin tasks as required including updating and maintaining their internal knowledge base and customer wiki
* Proficiency in English (both spoken and written)
* You need to be a People person, this job role is customer facing and the majority of the role involves speaking and assisting customers both in the UK and around the world via email, live chat, telephone and video calls, including customers for who English may not be their first language.
* You need to be a problem solver and sometimes be able to think outside the box, the ability to work through customers issues in a logical way is crucial, keeping their customer's systems running is vital to their businesses so being able to remain calm and cool tempered is a must.
* No previous experience in a Computer based role is required, however a general knowledge or experience of using Windows computers is required, their support systems are cloud based and require the use of an internet connection and browser, previous experience using Microsoft Excel and Outlook is beneficial,
* The Ideal Candidate would be someone with a background in Customer Service in either a Retail or Hospitality role who is looking for a change of scenery, The ability to work Independently on tasks is a must, full training on all aspects of the Job is provided.
* Competitive salary
* Access to the company pension scheme after the first three months.
* Holiday allowance is 30 days a year
If this role is of interest, then please send your CV for immediate interview?