Key stage 3 and Key stage 4
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are at least 20 days experience working with secondary aged pupils within the last 2 years. This experience does not need to be in a school setting.
ABC Teachers are looking for flexible individuals to work as General Classroom Supervisor in secondary schools in and around Telford.
General Classroom Supervisors are fundamental to the day to day running of ABC Teachers, due to the adaptability they hold. The role of a General Classroom Supervisor is to be in control of a class of 25-30 secondary school pupils aged between 11-16, supervising them to ensure that they complete their work in the absence of the class teacher. The work will be provided for you and the role does not require you to prepare, deliver or mark any class work, and typical hours are between 08:30 - 15:20.
The successful General Classroom Supervisors must be available to answer the phone from 7:15 so that you can be offered work for the day. There is scope for advanced work to be provided, but most of the work will be provided via a morning phone call.
ABC Teachers work with a range of schools in the Tel area, these schools frequently require General Classroom Supervisors to work in the absence of their staff.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered for the General Classroom Supervisor position, you will have:
• At least 20 days experience working with secondary aged pupils in a school setting within the last 2 years.
• Access to references to cover the last 2 years of both Education and Employment.
• A passion for working with Children.
• Flexible and adaptable, open to working in a range of different schools in Shropshire and the surrounding areas.
• Ability to drive is desirable but not essential for this position.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are somebody who has experience working with secondary aged children, or you have experience of working as a General Classroom Supervisor, please get in touch via the contact details below.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Rebekah Wayne from our Secondary team on (phone number removed). Alternatively, send your details and your CV to (url removed) to register your interest