We are pleased to be working on behalf of one of the countrys most well know Insurance providers.
The primary role of the Finance Director is to direct and oversee operations of the Finance function across a number of jurisdictions to meet operation, financial and service requirements.
· Lead and direct relationships with key business partners
· Provide the Company with effective financial insight, analysis, and challenge
· Create department strategies and specific objectives
· Work towards company objectives that will provide towards the delivery of agreed departmental strategy and team goals by adding value to the Company overall
· Ensure the Finance function is within its legal and financial requirements and complies with relevant codes and regulatory requirements
· Keep Company updated of any changes to legislation and regulations which pertain to financial, and investments matters.
· Analysis reporting of financial performance, reporting to Executive Team
· Support the Company in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasting and audits
· Oversee the provision of financial appraisal and decision support to the Company
· Effective and efficient accounting, producing timely and accurate numbers.
· Play a key role in developing and ensuring successful delivery of a sustainable growth strategy for the division
· Contribute to formulating and developing strategic aims and plan for the Company in conjunction with Board and promote and uphold them
· Inform Board of internal and external matters affecting the organisation
· Develop and evaluate various change management programmes
· Minimum five years experience as a Finance Director or a Similar Role
· Qualified Accountant
· Detailed understanding of insurance and regulatory reporting
· Excellent technical knowledge
· Ability to identify issues which need to be escalated to insurers/internal management
· Detailed and practical knowledge of current FCA regulations, rules and guidelines
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult and influence at all levels
· Ability to develop effective working relationships externally and internally
· Personal effectiveness, including time management and priority setting
· High personal drive and resilience
· Continuous application of personal/professional development