To develop, implement and maintain the financial policies and procedures to account for stock within the P&L and Balance Sheet of Trust. This role will carry out a comprehensive review of how stock is financially accounted for and reported within the Trust and make recommendations for improvements.Location
: Part remote working but based in SouthamptonTemporary:
Expected to last 2 months with possible extensionHours per week:
37.5 hours per weekSalary:
£30 per hour (Umbrella) or £26 per hour (PAYE inclusive of holiday)
Key tasks as part of the ongoing management of stock are as follows:Developing and Improving
- A key finance lead in the continual improvement of the stock management systems.
- Lead the development and maintain right first time financial systems and processes to meet the needs of the stock accounting function supporting the implementation of any new stock system.
- To take principal responsibility for strategic financial issues relating to the clinical supplies stock and transacting clinical supplies stock accurately and completely within the ledger.
- Lead on stock management developments becoming the Trust expert on stock expenditure, reporting and the associated accounting principles.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Responsibility for forecasting, monitoring and controlling stock charges for the Trust, and working with the Income Management team to ensure full cost is recovered on chargeable items.
- Contribute to both the preparation and the detailed monitoring and forecasting of the stock plan.
- Develop reports to monitor stock usage and understand and explain the reason for variances to plan.
- Produce variance analysis based on activity and price.
- Be responsible for providing monthly stock reporting for inclusion in the Divisional month end finance reports.
- Support and lead corrective actions from Trustwide identified variances
- Work and support divisional teams to ensure trust wide processes and embedded within all teams
- Production of monthly stock reconciliations and reporting as part of the finance month end process.
- Lead the stock taking process each month with the individual warehouse managers.
- Setup a robust and controlled internal stock transfer process between UEL and UHS.
- Take responsibility for liaison with suppliers with consignment stock on site. Ensure that Trust accounts correctly reflect the level of 3rd party stock.
- Lead effective governance and write financial policies and procedures for efficient use of stock within the organisations
- Provide financial support and specialist advice in matters relating to stock accounting.
- To provide advice to stakeholders, who may have varying levels of seniority and financial knowledge, with regards to stock accounting and associated financial regulations and procedures.
- Contribute to the wider Trust financial strategy, being the expert in stock management