Finance Analyst - Our client is one of the fastest growing Wealth Planning brands in the UK with over 600 employees, they provide wealth management and financial planning services to individuals and corporate clients across the UK through their network of acquired firms. They are looking for a Finance Analyst to join their expanding team.
The purpose of this role is to support the Finance Manager to provide an efficient and effective accounting function. The role will particularly focus on generating insights from revenue data and will include liaison with external auditors and other external experts on various projects. This position calls for a qualified accountant, with an aptitude for data analysis and automation. The role holder will be responsible for contributing to several strategic projects and developing the team through effective coaching of the Trainee Accountants and Accounting Assistants.
The role holder will need to build positive working relationships based on professional, mutual respect and empathy, with key internal stakeholders across the business, including the Finance team, People team, Compliance, and colleagues in client-facing roles.
The duties include but are not
- Ensure robust and efficient financial processes, policies, and controls
- Take ownership of revenue accounting
- Perform detailed analysis of large datasets to understand movements and generate insights
- Process financial integration of acquired companies into the group.
- Provide analysis to support maintenance of data quality
- Monitor adherence to accounting policies and ensuring controls remain appropriate
- Support the regulatory reporting of revenue figures
- Work with the external auditors and colleagues from across the business including Integrations and Compliance to support strategic projects
- Refine and develop accounting processes and controls as required
- Prepare accurate and timely management accounts for the group operating companies
- Ensure accuracy of underlying accounting record
- Developing budgets and variance analysis
- Support budget holders to understand performance against budget
- Monitor performance and KIPs insightfully
- Perform and review reconciliations
- Coach and develop the Trainee Accountants
- Attending training and maintaining technical accounting skills
The person would need, to be a qualified accountant who possesses strong technical accounting skills & hold strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share information widely in the team, communicating complex information and ideas clearly to others
You will be able to quickly analyse and understand financial information & be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (essential) and Power BI packages (desirable). With further knowledge & experience in preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts, analysing and developing processes, performing and reviewing financial reconciliations, implementing and monitoring controls, and analysing large datasets