Senior PR Account Executive
You will take full responsibility for driving the media success of your team's campaigns through traditional and emerging PR techniques. Your efforts will focus on business, national and broadcast media with which you will have existing contacts and work to expand your sphere of influence. Working with the account manager, you will clearly understand your clients' business, product and service offerings and be able to implement agreed media strategies, as well as to identify proactive opportunities.
What we would like you to do:
• Oversee all media relations activity on behalf of the team's clients.
• Build, maintain and develop productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across broadcast, national, trade and vertical media channels.
• Utilise network to create and maximise client coverage.
• Confidently facilitate national, broadcast and top tier vertical media telephone and in-person media interviews and briefings with all clients.
• Run forward feature programmes for all clients, identifies opportunities, liaises with client on suitable approaches and secures results.
• Deploy rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
• Full understanding of how the media works and the differences between trade, broadcast, national, international and social media.
• Is confident in making verbal approaches and pitches - as well as written/email - to journalists, freelancers, analysts and influencers of all levels.
• Possesses sound understanding of current affairs relevant to the industry and the wider news agenda.
• Ambition, and are commerciality focussed and looking to make a big impact in fast growing market.
• Experience of working in a fast paced, target driven environment and are results orientated.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
About Whiteoaks International:
At Whiteoaks, we provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and security industries, to name just a few. We guarantee better results from our clients' tech PR investment.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we offer 24 days paid leave each year, with the option to buy or sell up to five days, 4% company pension contributions, flexible working, a range of salary sacrifice schemes and access to a variety of high-street discounts. When we return to the office, we will be restocking our fridge with soft drinks, refilling our coffee machine and restarting our weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and croissants!
We are currently working remotely, and we intend to remain that way until social distancing measures are withdrawn in the UK. When we return to the office, we will take the best bits of remote working but also foster face to face collaboration, with the intention that you will be in the office for a minimum of 60% of your working week.
Location: Basingstoke Hampshire RG27 9XA
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £29,000 per annum
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS, GENDERS, ABILITIES AND ETHNICITIES. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
You may have experience of the following: Senior PR Account Executive, PR Executive, PR Assistant, PR Manager, PR Agency, Public Relations, Press Relations, Press Officer, Journalist, Journalism, Media Strategy, Media Strategist, New Media, Social Media, etc.
Ref: (phone number removed)