We are looking for candidates who can show a personal and general interest in the IT industry. With a proven track record of being able to work independently and on their own initiative with a high standard of written communication and a methodological problem solving skills.
* A 2:1 or better degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject. We will also consider applications from non-graduates, who wants to embark on a career in project management.
* You will need a technical mind, preferably with a reasonable general knowledge of I.T.
* Hands-on exposure to a range of software technologies.
* Demonstrable experience/aptitude for organising projects and resources.
* Ability to work personably with customers.
The Assistant Project Manager is expected to:
* Generally assist with managing projects.
* Work with customers to document requirements and create prototypes using prototyping tools.
* Attend meetings with customers to document requirements and discuss project progress.
* Liaise with our software developers via Skype and e-mail to provide tasks for them and resolve any queries they have.
* Manage project milestones and ensure invoices are issued.
* Assist with incoming support tickets from live customers under support (working with the Support Manager).
* Design and plan software implementation projects.
* Assist in reviewing the work of the programming team.
* Test software.
* Help to ensure the development team meets milestones and deadlines.
* Triage technical problems with systems as they arise.
Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The role of Assistant Project Manager is genuinely varied, and we have a pleasant, fun working environment.
Our company environment is informal but professional. The management structure is flat, there are no internal politics, and we strive to make our working environment as friendly and relaxed as possible.
You will also enjoy interesting projects based on the cutting edge technology, flexible working hours, Company Pension Scheme, free parking and most importantly - the opportunity to make a difference on the business.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm) with some room for flexibility as required.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes