Class 2 Driver
£43,800 per annum Plus Benefits including Pension, BUPA Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days' Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellence performance, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with a local, community based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Class 2 Driver based in the Erith depot, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join us?
- You'll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We're growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be - especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that's on offer for the right person:
- You'll provide a friendly, professional service and ensure that customers enjoy a first-class experience with Olleco
- Visiting catering establishments and other customers, you will spend some days delivering bins and collecting food waste and other days delivering premium cooking oil and collecting used cooking oil
- As well as using state-of-the-art handheld technology to record your volumes, you will also be responsible for keeping your modern vehicle clean
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you'll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don't expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it's more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Experience with digital tacho cards and customer-facing experience
- Ideal candidates will have experience in a multi drop, delivery or collection role
- Experience in the waste industry would also be beneficial, as would a CPC qualification, but we are happy to help with this!
As the role can involve moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kg, we will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.
To apply for the role of Class 2 Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Class 2 Driver, Multi-Drop, Multi-Drop Driver, LGV Driver, C+E Driver, LGV C Driver, C Licence, C+E Licence, Delivery Driver, Multi-Drop Delivery Driver, Light Goods Vehicle, HGV Driver, Goods Vehicle Driver, Class II Driver, Tanker Driver