36 hours per week.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Support Worker to join our team working in a specialist supported living premises. You will be making a real difference to individuals who have complex needs and display behaviours that challenge, helping them to adjust to everyday life.
This is no ordinary job. Here at Aspirations Care you will offer individual support and encouragement to help some amazing people to live a fulfilling and independent life.
* To enable Service Users to make choices to encourage their independence & social inclusion.
* To report any incidents, accidents, illness and risks which may affect safety in accordance with procedures.
* Respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and use de-escalation techniques through to physical intervention as necessary. (full training will be provided)
* To order and audit medication.
* Ensure daily plans, documents and weekly audits are completed.
* Carry out observational supervision.
* Attend keyworker meetings and represent the service user.
* Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
Skills and experience required:
* A minimum of 2 years care or medical experience is essential in particular within Adult Mental Health, Autism or Learning Disabilities or a combination of qualifications and experience.
* Resilience is key
* Compassionate and patient with the desire to make a difference
* Physically able to engage in physical intervention techniques including standing, kneeling or seated.
* A good sense of humour.
* Passionate about providing the best care, someone that wants to make a difference.
* A strong team player with leadership skills, ability to motivate and lead by example.
* Ability to work under pressure, react quickly to situations.
* Previous experience working with challenging behaviours desirable.
* Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
* Commitment to ongoing learning and development
* Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2 or 3
* Autism training
* 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee recognition schemes
* Optional overtime
* Opportunities for career progression
* Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
* Refer a Friend Scheme
Aspirations Care have been supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and Autism to have a lifestyle that matters to them since 2004. We are CQC rated good across our service and our aim is to support and encourage individuals to achieve their full potential, no matter how challenging.
Our staff can expect full training, study for qualifications and a rewarding career.
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure