Choice Teachers are currently working with a number of secondary schools that require passionate cover supervisors on a temporary supply basis in Preston and surrounding areas.
If you are looking to gain classroom experience before considering a career in education, this is the opportunity for you!
The role of a Cover Supervisor is diverse and challenging but also very rewarding. As a Cover Supervisor in a secondary school you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of secondary class teachers. You will be managing student behaviour in line with the school's policies and procedures, as well as supporting students in undertaking learning activities across the curriculum.
To excel in this role, you should
• Be comfortable in being at the front of the classroom, managing a classroom and ensuring learners stay on task.
• Able to create a positive learning environment has good and strong classroom management
• Able to provide support to learners.
• Present work from a lesson plan to the students
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Be confident and enthusiastic with a passion for teaching
• Adaptable, flexible, be able to work at short notice and get to schools quickly
• Be able to manage large groups of students, some of whom may display challenging behaviour
• Be able to work on your own initiative
• Flexible work and a great work/life balance
• Day to Day, Long Term placements
• Choice of Weekly or Monthly pay to suit you
• Free Training
• Competitive pay rates
• Support throughout
• Educated to A-level or Degree level is desired
• DBS Certificate on the update service or be able to obtain one
• Two professional references
• Right to work in the UK.
If you feel this is the role for you, Please apply below! If you are not interested in this position but are looking for work in schools please call us on (phone number removed).
Choice Teachers are committed to ensuring that we assist talented, ambitious teachers and support staff with the best opportunities to succeed by creating a platform for them to deliver whilst providing an unparalleled quality of service for our clients.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment