Audit Director - scope for some remote working, although you will need to reside within a reasonable commute of our offices located near Manchester Airport.
ASE Global is one of the most highly respected and trusted advisors to the automotive industry, partnering with most of the world's leading manufacturers and dealerships to deliver customised consultancy and expertise designed to help automotive brands around the world to drive profitability, mitigate risk and thrive in a changing global market.
Our comprehensive range of financial audit, assurance and risk mitigation services help dealerships manage complex reporting and regulatory requirements, building business confidence and driving profitability through accountancy excellence.
Established for almost 50 years, we are committed to expanding our footprint and have opened new offices in Brazil, Mexico, and Australia in the last 12 months alone. With a presence in 66 markets, offices in 14 countries and approximately 200 employees worldwide, we can adapt rapidly and with certainty to the needs of our clients and the changing dynamics of the automobile marketplace.
The Role - Audit Director
ASE Professional Services operates as an accounting and taxation professional services provider to over 100 motor car dealerships throughout the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, as an Audit Director you will take a lead role as part of an Audit Team of around 23 colleagues, who deliver the audit reports and statutory accounts for clients. You will be responsible to sign off audit reports for a number of clients including the more significant clients.
Your main duties will require you to:
* Manage the audit department, people, clients and workflow
* Manage the regulatory responsibilities of the firm in terms of ICAEW
* Be a role model to junior staff setting the highest personal and technical standards, and educate and encourage them as part of their personal development
* Undertake a lead advisor role for our more significant clients
* Take accountability, along with others, for new business development
* Liaise with the Head of Tax to deliver a seamless service to clients
Joining our team is your chance to be part of a truly dynamic and innovative company, where your work will be varied and challenging, as the industry faces one of its greatest periods of change.
We know our people are our biggest strength. We win as a team and we celebrate successes as a team. We collaborate with each other, using our capabilities and talent to constantly raise the bar on our performance. You will be given every opportunity to bring new ideas to the table, and we encourage new ways of working, providing our people with the platform to share those ideas.
You will benefit from:
* A salary in the region of £75,000 to £85,000, with the level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Car allowance
* 4 x critical illness and 4 x death in service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Full family health insurance
* Permanent contract, working full time hours
You will be based at our offices located near to Manchester Airport. There is scope for some remote working, although you will need to reside within a reasonable commute of our offices.
Our Requirements - Audit Director
* Already be, or have been within the last 24 months, a "responsible individual" and have a significant experience in relation to audit related client engagements
* ACA, CA or ACCA qualified with 5+ years PQE
* Superior management and leadership skills
* Strong commercial acumen and an interest in networking and business development
* Full clean UK driving licence
* A thorough and very professional approach to work when dealing with internal and external customers
* Ability to work unsupervised while having strong team player credentials including a high level of commitment to colleagues, clients and the company
Although not essential, knowledge of automotive / motor trade clients is desirable.
All applications for the Audit Director vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions