We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Team Assistant to join our team based in Middlesex. You will join us on a part-time fixed term basis until August 2022, working primarily from home but with regular travel in the Middlesex West District. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £20,293 per annum, Pro Rota salary £6,354.18 (Outer London Weighting inclusive).
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Development Team Assistant Role:
The role will involve working directly with both adults and young people to increase the number of volunteers in GLMW which in turn will lead to an increase in the numbers of young people who will benefit from Scouting provision in our County.
What will you be doing in the Development Team Assistant role?
- Ensuring the good and safe running of the youth sections in accordance with POR responding to the current needs of the Group
- Working together to ensure problems and challenges are overcome
- Meeting and engaging with the parents of existing Beaver, Cub and Scout members at the weekly meetings with a view to attracting new Volunteers
- Supporting Group events
- Welcoming new adults and young people to Scouting
- Undertaking events to attract Volunteers and young people such as school assemblies, fetes, local open days etc
- Promoting Scouting through different mediums in the area to increase numbers in a Group section
- Supporting and running open evenings and taster sessions for adults and young people
- Recruiting adults and converting parents into volunteers
- Mentoring and inducting new adults in partnership with the Appointments Advisory Committee and Training Team
- Helping to run a section alongside the new adults for a period of time, enabling sustainability
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Growth & Development Officer
What we are looking for in our Development Team Assistant:
- Hold a full driving licence
- Possess high level of relationship skills to ensure effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (eg. Local Volunteers, external organisations)
- Engage and build a rapport with 6-18 year olds
- Work independently of direct supervision
- Work as part of a team
- Provide own administrative support
- Be an effective Presenter and facilitator.
What we can offer you as our Development Team Assistant:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
Closing date: Friday 30 July 2021, 23:59
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies