3 Months a possibility it could be extended
* Location GSK House - Brentford TW8 9GS
* Hours: Monday Friday 37.5hrs Per Week
* Salary - £416 per day (PAYE)
* Remote working but would possibly need to attend the office on occasions
* Own the Archer tool support model and manage the business administrator
* Lead updating the manuals in FRMC governance to support the FR initiative
* Responsible to ensure all issues (control queries, exception requests and change requests) raised via Service now are resolved within the time frame of Service level agreements
* Manage internal control framework tools, to standardize, simplify and strengthen GSK Finance control framework and provide guidance for non-standardized processes
* With a global remit across finance, responsible to work across GSK fostering a network of compliance champions across global finance (through multiple forums), providing global training material and global communications and providing sox testers, Compliance Champions, CoE team members and key personnel control change updates, including roll-out relevant training for future monitoring and testing, as well as leading practices and general risk mitigation/control advice.
* Responsible for gatekeeping and maintaining an appropriate financial internal control framework(s)- including the fraud framework.) through following set governance and agreed steps. Required to: do the below prior to submitting changes for the approval of the VP:
* a. Initiate (design due to identifying a gap),
b. Approves or challenge (review change requests) or
c. optimise (where improvement opportunities are highlighted), controls that mitigate risk.
The above requires performance of due diligence on control changes including review of control documentation, process maps, and interacting with internal global process owners, Risk operations managers, compliance champions, and external auditors where needed.
* Support global projects as an SME on global controls framework including Vaccines
* Manage team member who is responsible for administratively maintaining the resource centre (intranet page), Watson, 'helpdesk' facilities and administer the GSK SOX tool Archer
* Update the SOX resource sites with relevant information and Self-help enablers for in-house customers to access independently (SOX/IBM testers, finance controllers, finance directors etc.) Maintain the FRMC global website with guidance, training materials to support the finance community in managing risk.
* Support Financial Risk and Controls Operations team by holding dedicated forums of discussion on control challenges, design and updates with the team as well as third-party testing providers.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for people with these required skills to achieve our goals:
* Financial qualification or qualified by experience (eg: CGMA, ACCA, AMCT/MCT, CFA)
* Financial and analytical proficiency
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable examples e.g., Board paper writing
* Project management experience
* Legal negotiation skills
* A good understanding of financial markets,
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
• Good attention to detail
• Good time management and delegation
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business
in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model