Trainee Bus Driver Witney - £27,000 plus
Hours: Shift work, minimum 39 hours per week
Qualifications: Car driving licence & no more than 6 points on your licence
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: minimum £27,000 per annum
**We would also like to hear from those who have experience working in the retail, hospitality or care industry**
Don't fancy a job sat behind a desk? Bored of the same four walls? Wish you could just grab your sandwiches, hop behind the wheel and tootle around beautiful Oxfordshire - all while earning and learning something new?
How about being the face of our business - playing an incredibly important role each and every day safely and comfortably transporting our fantastic customers to work, to the high street, to our cities and towns, to healthcare and community services, to days away and nights out?
Sounds great, right?!
Now don't stop reading when we say "bus driver" (humour us and read on) - there's so much more to it than you may think, and it's so much more rewarding than you'd expect!
We would love to welcome you into the Stagecoach family and give you a recognised national qualification in Passenger Transport. The qualification is fully funded by us, and you'll earn the equivalent of a fully qualified driver.
You'll make sure that Sarah gets to and from school safely. You'll say hello to James on his way to hospital to see his new baby boy. You'll help Vikram get to his first day at his new job. Sarah will be forever grateful for getting her back home after a night out in town.
You'll know some of your customers by name, and some of them will know you on first name terms too! And where they don't, we're relying on you to give them a fantastic journey to remember with your focus on all things customer. You'll need to operate the bus safely of course, but we'll teach you all of that in our in-house training school.
If that's not enough, you'll be part of an incredible family. We employ over 500 colleagues in Oxfordshire alone, and 25,000 across the UK. You'll be part of one of the UK's greatest business success stories, driving us forward (sorry about the pun!) to even bigger success.
Aside from the reward of earning while you learn, gaining a recognised qualification through a perfect mix of practice and theory...and aside from delivering an incredible experience to our customers which is hugely rewarding, there's plenty more we can offer:
* Job security - we've been going since 1980, we turnover £1.3bn per year, and we're not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
* Free travel - for you and your companion on our buses. That means on your days off (of which there are plenty!) you can be off shopping for free without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city without paying a fortune in petrol or train fares!
* A great regular income - as an apprentice you be paid the equivalent of a fully qualified driver and you will be paid weekly so it's never too long between pay cheques (not that we pay be cheque - straight into your account every week!)
* Flexibility - so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
* A brilliant working environment - you're not stuck at a desk, and your boss isn't stood over you. You're out and about, trusted to look after our customers and enjoy yourself while you're doing just that.
* A skill for life - we'll teach you to drive a bus. We'll pass on our expertise so you drive it with as much ease as you do your everyday car.
* Promotions - want to start by driving a bus but want to fly up the ladder? Great! We've got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver but are now Controllers, Trainers and Managers within our business. Likewise, if you're happy driving a bus and nothing else, that's absolutely fine by us.
* UK wide opportunities - fancy a move to Devon in a few years but not sure how you'd get a job there? Other half is keen to live in Yorkshire? You decide to go to university in London? We run bus companies across the so if you do move from Oxfordshire, rest assured you'll be okay for employment!
There's only two things we need from you:
1. A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points on it.
2. A passion for delivering a great customer experience.
And that's it...we'll help you with everything else you need to know!
So if you like the sound of the 'earn while you learn' idea, gaining a qualification whilst becoming a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach in Oxfordshire, click Apply Now! We can't wait to get your application