Responsible for ensuring all business and project related technical matters are delivered in accordance with engineering standards (or in the absence of such standards that comply with country regulations and industry best practice).
Supporting strategic development across the account globally whilst driving service standards and bringing innovation and energy efficiencies to the account. The technical manager should support all M&E technical services, delivering organic growth of the contract/development of project management services and focal point for contractual compliance and delivery. Additionally, to provide support to the account leads for all services delivery and team management.
These services also include but not be limited to:
Procured Services Management (part of tendering)
Managed Services Management
Projects Management (Review of delivery and acceptance of hand over of projects)
Compliance (Quality Assurance and HSE)
Providing Technical Support
Reviewing and support of Site Minor Works projects
Life cycle replacement plans
Asset verification and registers
Annual review of PPM Schedules and tasks as per compliance
Your responsibilities will include:
* Proactively managing the directly procured technical services within budget.
* Managing the supplier relationship such that is deriving the maximising benefit from commercial agreements and mitigating any performance or financial risk in respect of the services.
* Providing technical advice, guidance and support to the site team members.
* Ensuring that all projects are being managed and delivered as per the agreed terms and schedule.
* Ensuring that all technical services are delivered in accordance with local code and guidelines.
* Providing data for the environmental team and QMS team in a timely manner and in the format required that all procured and managed services personnel adhere to site policy and guidelines.
* Providing technical services (including services provided by subcontractors) will be procured in accordance with good industry practice and
* International procurement policies.
* Ensuring that complaints are recorded and handled on the same day as made and that necessary actions are being taken to ensure to eliminate the root causes.
* Preparing the technical monthly report and ensure that it includes all pending an ongoing issues and concerns.
* Developing, updating and implementing the operational processes and procedures to ensure that all technical services are being delivered in an efficient and professional manner.
* Ensuring at all times that they carry out their work safely and with due regard for others in accordance with HS&E procedures and instructions, contractual, legislative and local requirements.
* Reporting immediately any non-conformance, unsafe act or unsafe condition to line management for investigation and corrective action.
* Notifying line management of any identified or suggested opportunity for improvement of the HSEMS and associated health, safety and environmental risk controls.
You have a degree or an accredited trade certificate in electrical or mechanical engineering, or a closely related field. You also have HSE degree or certification.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships. You have critical data centre experience. You will have building and technical facilities management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities the company have to offer