Job Title: Pharmacy Accuracy Checking Technician
Reports to: Superintendent Pharmacist
We are looking for a Pharmacy Accuracy Checking Technician to provide professional leadership and guidance by working as a key member of the pharmacy team, demonstrating high standards at all times through the provision of an efficient and accurate checking service. Working together with the pharmacy team, you will help provide exceptional quality both in product and service, supporting the wider network to achieve their goal of inspiring more positive and healthy lives.
Key Responsibilities and skills
· Assist the Pharmacist in managing the day to day running of dispensary by allocating work to Dispensing Technician and Dispensing Assistant's to ensure the efficient and safe running of the dispensary.
· acting as the first point of contact for customers
· managing high volume dispensing transactions
· to dealing with operational queries from GP surgeries
· Assist in the preparation, dispensing of prescriptions and assist with stock control, ordering and restocking of the dispensary.
· Issuing stock items and prepared prescriptions
· Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage.
· Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions.
· Ensuring that refrigerated items are satored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook.
· Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
· Using the computer to keep records up to date.
· Checking with gp's or in-patient records if concerned about the appropriateness of requests for medication.
· Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions.
· Handling controlled drugs (and keeping register).
· Assisting in stock checks
· Providing cover for annual leave/sickness
Skills and Specifications
· You are required to have Accuracy Checking Qualification and NVQ/QCF Level 3 equivalent qualification in Pharmacy Services and GPhC registration.
· Good written and verbal communication abilities.
· Reliable and trustworthy
· Having excellent IT skills and ideally familiar with Microsoft office and Sage 200 and PMR system
· Having high attention to detail and good levels of accuracy
· Strong organisational skills.
· Confident handling large volumes of paperwork
· Highly motivated
· Keen interest in helping customers and patients
· Maintains a calm manner whilst working under pressure