Our client is looking to hire a Nursery Manager within their Hackney and/or branch. You must be at least Level 3 qualified in order to be considered for this role. TPlease note that term times and flexible hours can be discussed.
Purpose of job:
* To be responsible for ensuring that the current requirements of the Statutory Guidance and Practice Guidance of the Early Years Foundation stage are met.
* To provide safe, high quality education and care for Pre-School children
* To fulfill all legal and statutory requirements
* To ensure high quality staff are employed at All Saints Pre-school that are managed effectively to consistently provide high levels of education and care to children
* To contribute to and implement current Pre-School policies and procedures, as agreed by Trustees.
Learning & Development
* To take responsibility for drawing up short, medium and long term planning, following the EYFS curriculum, and sessional plans which ensure that each child is working towards Early Learning Goals *1
* To monitor the effectiveness of the Pre-School curriculum; to ensure current government guidelines and legislation, including duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, are adhered to.
* To be responsible for providing high quality experiences and opportunities, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to meet the individual needs of children.
* To be responsible for implementing various and regular systems of observation and record keeping so that children's attainment and progress is effectively and regularly assessed, and that observations by staff, parents/carers are used to inform planning and meet children's individual needs
* To organise the keyperson system and to supervise staff on a daily basis
* To ensure that the preschool is set up as per the agreed plan and incorporates including the 6 areas of learning as per the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
* The Preschool Manager must carry out his/her duties with full regard to Legal & Statutory Health and Safety requirements and the current agreed procedures.
* To ensure records are properly maintained e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book.
* To ensure registration form/contract is completed for all children attending the preschool before they start which records the legal and statutory requirements under the EYFS welfare requirements which is signed by parent and retained on the Preschool premises
* To ensure that the Pre-School is a safe environment for children, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced; to ensure special needs of children are known.
* To liaise with the Management Committee, Ofsted, Children's Social Care and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to act as the Child Protection Liaison Person; to provide reports and attend meetings as required.
* To develop and implement all Pre-School policies and procedures, especially those on equal opportunities.
* To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the Pre-School and its curriculum, teaching methods and practices; exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement
Inclusion, SEN & AEN
* Ensure that your allocated children are making their best progress through the Early Learning Goals advising the group SENCO/manager of any concerns
* The post holder must carry out his/her duties with full regard to the setting's Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality policy
Supervision / Management of People
* Responsible for implementing the current HR procedures of the Pre-school.
* Responsible for ensuring all staff employed at the Preschool hold a current enhanced CRB, and are suitable for working with children
* The Preschool Manager will identify staff training needs and facilitate training opportunities to address these.
* From time to time there may be a requirement to manage the work of staff who are appointed for supply work or to provide supervision for apprentices or students on placement.
* To be responsible for monitoring the quality of preschool staff
* To undertake inductions for new staff and participate in staff appraisals and individual supervision sessions to monitor performance, identify in-service training needs and ensure open two way communication with staff