Innovations Mechanical Design Engineer c£75k prorata
South East ABJ5215
Inside IR35. (3 month contract) c£380 ltd a day
As an experienced mechanical design engineer you will build, specify and produce mechanical breakthrough innovations and develop mechanical engineering solutions for innovative electronic products for a global organisation. As an experienced mechanical engineer you will develop mechanical engineering solutions to enable these breakthrough products seeks out and generate technical data and consumer insights to create next generation, innovative transformational functional prototypes.
* Ensure on time and in full delivery of product development tasks assigned and test plans
* Proficient management of own time and tasks, providing high output and value to the team
* Escalate risks, technical issues and areas requiring priority calls in a timely and appropriate manor
* Create of novel, breakthrough solutions, associated IP and robust data
* Be bold - seek out new solutions with the potential to change the category and deliver sustained competitive advantage for the company
* Share best practice, new ways of working and key project with other teams and functions
* Work with 3rd Party partners and suppliers of materials and services
3 month contract with view to extension
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical Design and/or Engineering area.
* Significant hands-on experience in mechanical design for consumer electronic products, from concept through to mass production
* Expert SolidWorks CAD knowledge and experience (Master surfaces, top-down design, mechanisms etc.)
* Demonstrative experience and skills generating innovative and creative solutions for new and challenging mechanical design problems
* Detailed knowledge and experience of product development techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, measurement techniques etc.
* Hands-on experience prototyping and hand building early concepts, including 3D printing, part clean-up, hand fettling, assembly etc.
* Planning and implementation skills.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of consumer-product insights and product research.
* Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level.
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated PRORATA benefits.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ5248 on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or apply to