Customer Delivery Driver
£19,744 with company benefits and overtime opportunities
Monday to Saturday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading vehicle rental specialists as a Customer Delivery Driver in our busy site in Belfast.
As Customer Delivery Driver, you are often the face of Northgate for our customers and play an integral role in enabling us to consistently provide the first-class experience they demand. As part of a busy branch team, you work closely with your colleagues preparing, delivering and collecting vehicles on time; keeping our promises to our customers.
The little things make a big difference as a Customer Delivery Driver, a warm, friendly approach, taking the time to explain the vehicle and documents or answering queries in a helpful and positive way. We expect you to treat our fleet vehicles as you would your own car and your eye for detail plays a vital part in the capture of on and off hire condition, helping reduce the financial risk to the business too.
Primarily this role is to work closely with your colleagues preparing, delivering and collecting vehicles on time; keeping our promises to our customers. Another aspect of the role is to valet all vehicles, ensuring they are clean and ready to go back on hire. As you can appreciate, some of these are rather dirty, especially the vehicles that have been used in rural areas. Jet wash equipment is on site to help with the task.
The branch in Belfast is home to a fleet of over 900 light commercial vehicles complete with a busy workshop, serviceing the whole of Northern Ireland and offers a broad and constantly changing workload. It is a busy, exciting place to be and you can be sure that you will not ever be looking for something to do.
· You come from a fast-paced, customer-focused background - a good understanding of vehicles and the rental industry would be helpful.
· A full clean CAT B driving license and CAT C if possible.
· You are a people person - you put yourself in your customer's shoes and communicate well with them in sometimes-difficult situations. As a Customer Delivery Agent, if you cannot help, you know who can.
· You are a confident, courteous driver with good knowledge of the highway code and the local area - ideally, you have some previous driving experience in your career, especially if you regularly used 'Transit' sized (or larger) vehicles or are IAM / emergency services trained.
· You get involved in every part of our business - you take pride being part of the Northgate team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
· You are enthusiastic about our business - as Customer Delivery Driver we expect you to make a great first impression and deliver an exceptional experience every time.
· Flexibility to be able to do overtime when required.
As Customer Delivery Driver, we offer:
· A full-time permanent role, with a competitive salary and opportunity to do overtime with development opportunities
· Additional employee benefits (including employee assistance, life assurance, pension, retailer discounts etc.)
· A proven induction-training plan to help you get to grips with how we do things, with help from experienced colleagues and on-going support from your manager.
· The opportunity to work with a broad range of businesses and world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
Be part of the future of vehicle rental
If you would love to join our amazing team in Belfast as a Customer Delivery Agent, we encourage you to find out more. Apply today via our website