Wilmington PLC are looking for a SEO Specialist
Location: LE19 1SU
Salary: Excellent DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
As an SEO specialist you have a genuine interest in SEO and Digital Marketing and will have successfully developed and executed SEO campaigns.
You will have experience with SEO industry programs such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Moz, along with experience with other aspects of marketing including social media, PPC, email etc
As the SEO Specialist, you will be able to identify strategies, techniques and tactics to increase the number of visitors to our Mercia Group website(s) and obtain a high-ranking placement in the search engine results pages (SERPs). As well as employing (UX & CRO) methods to turn visitors into active users to generate leads and sales.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we've grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. Mercia Group is one of them!
Mercia Group is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
Main Purpose of Role
- Develop optimisation strategies that increase the company's search engine result page rankings
- Research SEO keywords to use throughout the company's website and marketing materials
- Write SEO optimised content
- Optimise web pages such as the homepage, landing pages, blog posts, product pages (on-page SEO) in terms of improving content quality, keyword optimisation, and user experience to boost organic search rankings
- Regularly track and monitor new and existing keyword ranking positions and devise integrated marketing strategies to increase organic search rankings
- Conduct regular technical SEO audits and work with the web development team to fix technical website issues (e.g. slow page load speeds, page crawl errors, and duplicate content) that may negatively impact organic search rankings
- Execute link building campaigns through the creation and promotion of linkable assets, outreach, and submission-based link building
- Set measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in SEO/CRO efforts, monitor these regularly
- Efficiently communicate with all members of the marketing team to ensure all campaigns are aligned with the SEO strategy
- Identify and close content gaps between company website and competitor content
- Perform competitive analysis to benchmark current SEO performance against competitors and devise strategies to surpass competitors
- Plan and oversee the entire website architecture, restructuring page hierarchy where necessary
- Manage SEO-related assets, tools/platforms including Google My Business, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Gather Content, Moz and Crownpeak
- Keep up to date with the latest SEO trends, search algorithm updates, and new SEO tools and best practices
Skills and Experience Required
- A genuine interest in SEO and digital marketing
- Experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
- A commitment to keeping your technical skills and knowledge up to date
- An inquisitive mind which drives you to understand Google's algorithms and predict what changes might be coming to effect rankings
- Experience with SEO industry programs, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz etc
- Able to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written skills).
- Comfortable analysing high volumes of data daily - Desirable
- Familiarity with Umbraco or other similar content management systems
- Experience with other aspects of marketing including social media, PPC, email etc is an advantage
- A good understanding of PR and how to get the right messages out there
As a portfolio Company, we are all different at Wilmington. We understand the power of bringing difference together and we celebrate the innovation and creativity it brings through diverse experience, knowledge, and perspectives