We are seeking an ambitious Solicitor for this Senior Associate position working in the international commercial shipping team in London.
Senior Associate - Commercial Shipping Finance - The Company
Consistently recognised as being among the best in the industry this firm is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors.
The international commercial shipping team is recognised for its commerciality and its ability to solve problems and deal with a wide range of transactions through its specialist lawyers
Senior Associate - Commercial Shipping Finance - The Role
* To produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation.
* Negotiate the terms of transaction documents.
* Transaction management and administration, including liaison with key client contacts and local counsel.
* Management and supervision of junior associates, trainees and paralegals and build excellent working relationships with partners and more senior members of the team.
* Development of own internal and external network of contacts and play a significant role in business development for the team.
* Attends and help to arrange business development and profile-raising events (client seminars, legal directories updates and submissions, website news and publications on social media).
* Develop and maintain legal knowledge and understanding both generally and in core areas.
Senior Associate - Commercial Shipping Finance - Candidate Requirements
* Extensive and proven record of experience of commercial maritime transactions.
* Experience and knowledge of working across multiple jurisdictions and experience in working in different time zones (flexibility in working hours is essential for the role).
* A self-starter, able to work alone and within a diverse international commercial shipping team.
* Experience of business development, preparation of pitches and relationship building.
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills.
* Organised and able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise realistically.
* Good housekeeping/file management practices; manages and records time promptly and accurately.
* Resilient with the ability to handle setbacks and pressure.
* Cooperative and collaborative in approach and is able to develop excellent working relationships at all levels and roles.
* Ability to delegate work and supervise adequately.
* Ability to operate professionally and proactively at all times.
* Exhibits an understanding of the Firm's position in the market.
Senior Associate - Commercial Shipping Finance - Benefits
A highly competitive salary plus benefits is available which is to be negotiated after interview. Further details can be provided upon request