RSR Police, part of the Red Snapper Group is a trusted recruitment partner to UK policing and Law Enforcement Agencies. We recruit job profession from all sectors to provide organisation the talent to deliver effective and efficient policing.
We are looking for a Public Access Officer for a 6-month contract role in Kidlington.
As the Public Access Officer, you will support the Public Access function, enabling the organisation to respond appropriately to requests for information and advice, and ensuring that the Chief Constable's statutory obligations are effectively and lawfully discharged.
This role offers £13.62 per hour PAYE, plus agency benefits.
* Provide departmental resilience; supervise IM staff activities, including health and safety, welfare, PDR and resources across both forces
* Identify Information Management business risks and propose recommendations for mitigation to management
* Maintain, produce and assist with the analysis of performance information, records and spreadsheets (using a broad spectrum of IT systems and applications) in support of information management business areas
* Contributing and participating in the creation and delivery of guidance, training and operational procedures surrounding information management for both forces
* Cultivate relationships with stakeholders in order to raise awareness and proactively contribute to improving the two forces' adherence to Information Management standards
* Provide an effective service to internal and external customers on all Public Access related activities, solving related problems, providing recommendations and outcomes to resolve issues and mitigate risks
* Research and analyse information systems in support of information management business areas
* Balance the necessity of disclosure against legislative and statutory requirements making risk assessed disclosures whilst ensuring that they are proportionate and justified, and give an explanation for withholding information when appropriate and applying the charging standards when required
* When necessary, support the efficient and effective day to day running of the IM Helpdesk and provide specialist advice, and guidance on complex issues relating specifically to Data Protection and Freedom of Information and to the release or protection of police information
* Analyse and action applications for the disclosure of information held in police systems made under the Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts, and other non-operational requests, maintaining tracking processes to ensure any response is appropriate and made within the statutory requirements and deadlines
* Maintain the Publication Scheme and ensure that the disclosure log is maintained and updated
* Provide specialist guidance and advice via the IM Helpdesk on all IM related matters and specifically DP and FOI related matters
* Good problem solving abilities and customer service skills, with attention to detail and deadlines
* Highly effective communication skills
* Proven advanced user skills in office computer applications including spreadsheets and databases
* Maintain a high degree of integrity and trust when dealing with sensitive and classified information
* Proven understanding of Information Management principles and relevant legislation (Data Protection Act, MOPI and Freedom of Information Act)
* Experience of staff management, including staff development and operational planning within area of expertise
If you are interested in this Public Access Officer role and have the relevant experience, please email your CV to Luke.Starling@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you with retail vouchers for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer