Nine Twenty are delighted to be recruiting a Category Manager to join a hugely successful FMCG business based in Glasgow on a permanent basis. The Role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be tasked with sourcing, securing and managing the effective supply of Packaging goods to the business. You will manage the existing supply base cost, quality and security and will actively look to make productivity, quality, service and cost improvements. You must be able to lead tenders, draft specifications where appropriate, negotiate and draft contracts whilst maintaining continuity of contractual cover.Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who has the following experience:
- Draft contracts using approved contract templates liaising with Legal team where appropriate.
- Maintain all Procurement Quality systems registration and adherence.
- Manage Category Analysts/direct reports time and workload.
- Develop and maintain strong and influential strategic relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Procurement strategies.
- Procurement new suppliers for alternative / additional sources of supply and for business requirements.
- Rationalisation of supply base to lowest practicable level consistent with capacity, risk and commercial imperatives within the context of an overall category Procurement strategy.
- Work with suppliers and stakeholders to maximise the value to the company from contracts.
- Deliver year on year total cost savings/avoidance in line with agreed targets.
- Identify, evaluate and deliver Value Engineering initiatives in line with agreed annual and pipeline targets.
- Be the company category cost expert with an understanding of key cost drivers.
- Develop and maintain accurate costing models for area of category responsibility.
- Link into PR European and Global Category Management initiatives as appropriate
- Fully support the New Product Development process to meet cost, quality service and timeline requirement. Identify best practise opportunities and prepare business justifications where required.
If you feel you have the necessary experience for this role, please apply or email email@example.com
- Minimum 4 years' experience working as a Category Manager within a purchasing function, preferably within the FMCG Industry
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment with wide knowledge and experience of local, regional global packaging industry service sectors.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply) qualified is preferred.
- Consistent practitioner of Category Management methodology
- Consistent achievement in delivery of business targets; financial, quality, service and innovation
- Dynamic and timely decision making, based on logical and analytical approach
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and presentation
- Builds positive, proactive relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a can-do attitude