Unit 10, The Forum, North Hykeham, LN6 8HW
There when it matters Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that's a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition - we're there when it matters.
About us Shop Information
The shop has been open since 2000 and is a part of the local community. Free parking is available for up to four hours. In store we have a large selection of very popular wool and an electrical department which is unique to the area. We also stock a range of donated clothing and household items.
Are you an experienced proactive shop manager? Do you have the retail skills to manage our charity store? If so, come and join the team at our North Hykeham shop and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder!
• As Shop Manager you will be using your entrepreneurial skills and retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets.
• Your responsibilities will include:
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
To be successful in this role you'll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. Knowledge of antique furniture or bric-a-brac would be an advantage. You will have proven team leadership skills and the ability to lead a large team of volunteers. It is essential is that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive can do attitude and a good understanding of financial and IT administration
*Competitive Benefits Package* - 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata if part-time), company pension scheme, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, staff discount of 10% on new goods online and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.
In the event that we receive a significant number of applications, we may choose to close this role ahead of the closing date published