Store Manager - Swindon
£28,200 - £35,000 plus benefits
Co-op provides unique opportunities to store managers. Our leadership roles offer something more - we're not just focused on the bottom line, we'll give you the chance to help support amazing projects and good causes in your store's neighbourhood. Sharing our profits with local communities is no gimmick. It's what we do.
What you'll be doing as a store manager:
• exploring new and innovative ways to increase sales performance
• coaching, mentoring and developing your team to serve our customers and take a more active role in the community
• leading the team to increase membership sign ups and improve member engagement
• building a safe and secure store environment
• reacting quickly and positively to changing priorities
• building great links with local Co-op businesses
Who can be a Co-op store manager?
It takes a special combination of skills and qualities to thrive at Co-op. You'll be the kind of person who is always ready to get stuck in and work alongside colleagues on the shop floor. And you'll inspire your team by showing them how the success of your individual store fits into the bigger picture of Co-op's purpose. We're also looking for:
• retail or hospitality management experience
• experience in leading and developing successful teams
• experience in improving business performance and forecasting
• commercial understanding of how to stand out against local competition
• confidence in managing conflicting priorities
It's an exciting time to join us a store manager, with new stores opening across the country, and big plans in place to spread our message of cooperation. You'll be well rewarded for your achievements, with a package including:
• a competitive salary
• great holiday allowance
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. We want to create an inclusive environment, where we can all celebrate our differences, contribute our best work and develop to our full potential.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. Find out more about Co-op people policies at (url removed)/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application, you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take around 20 minutes to complete this test.
Co-op is committed to supporting communities and keeping our customers and colleagues safe during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. If you're successful in your application, you might occasionally be required to work in other stores within the local area to cover colleague absence