Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Sheffield (S13) area to join Affinity working as Team Leader; this role will involve supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs in their own homes, whilst be a mentor and leader to a team of Support Workers.
This is an ideal post for a Senior Support Worker/ Team Leader employed within a similar role, or an experienced Support Worker wanting to move into the next stage of their career.
* 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
* Make a genuine difference to someone's life
* Blue Light Card
* Pension scheme
* Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
* Fantastic training and development
* Paid for DBS
* Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
About The Role
As a Team Leader you will have the drive to work alongside your team to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support; therefore daily tasks within this role may include:
* Providing support and supervision to a team
* Managing the rota
* Ensuring staff are full trained
* Acting as an on the job role model, whilst providing feedback and coaching where needed
* Completing administrative tasks- including risks assessments and updating person centred care plan
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week. This post will mainly be rotated on to complete shifts throughout the week on either an early or a late basis, in addition our Team Leaders can also be required to complete administrative days.
Please note this role will also involve being part of on-call rota, to ensure staff have access to support whenever needed; a suitable candidate will have the flexibility to complete sleep in's or waking nights where required.
What skills and experience do I need?
* Gained (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualification and Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written (IT skills are also highly desirable)
* The flexibility and willingness to work shifts as well as be on an on call rota
* Proven relevant experience working in the Health and Social Care Sector
* Full UK driving license, and access to a vehicle
* People who share our values
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview