Technical Director - Airports, FMCG, Rail, Utilities, Military
Circa £80-90K Excellent package with development opportunities.
South West London / Surrey
I am currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Director to join my client based in South West London / Surrey.
* Direct the Technical Services teams to deliver critical maintenance and outstanding performance and industry leading asset availability.
* Ensure compliance with departmental procedure, codes of practice and company policy. The Engineering function and care of assets must be in compliance with ADIPS and HSG175.
* Strategic planning of annual Engineering, Facilities (hard and soft), Landscape and park conservation activities, to ensure that the department is well set up and sufficiently resourced to deliver, asset availability targets, improvement of park infrastructure and business KPI's during the operational season and annual maintenance period.
* Support the delivery of the strategic Health & Safety plan.
* Ensure robust health and safety practice and culture throughout the technical services function.
* Deliver full performance management of 9 direct reports, circa 90 permanent employees and seasonal support staff as needed to manage the technical services.
* Manage operating budgets of circa £5m p.a.
* As a member of the SLT, participate in the Management rota and other resort leadership functions as required, underpinned by strong working relations with SLT colleagues. In addition, as senior technical lead, manage and support the engineering and facilities senior management rota, this to ensure senior technical management presence is maintained throughout normal operation.
* Using a Planned Preventative Maintenance approach, manage asset and estate maintenance ensuring the delivery of key operational targets.
* Act as department champion for continuous improvement, identifying and managing delivery of appropriate change throughout all teams.
* Develop and audit existing departmental procedure and codes of practice. Ensure Technical Services adherence to procedure and company policy and that all work within the Engineering function results in compliance with ADIPS and HSG175.
* To ensure that the annual service programme is reviewed and is suitably resourced to deliver Declarations of Operational Conformity and hand over to the operations team to agreed dates within the operational calendar.
* Ensure suitable and sufficient strategic plans are produced to bring about effective improvement and maintenance of facilities, infrastructure and estate.
* Manage Estate to reduce the park operations impact on the environment, encouraging sustainability in waste management, promoting conservation through Landscape teams in accordance with local EA restrictions and conservation agreements.
* Ensure management of competence with proactive training and development of team members to recognized/agreed standards in order to maintain all areas within their remit, safely and efficiently.
* Assume leadership duties as necessary ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the site.
Health & Safety:
* Responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within areas of responsibility, in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
* Support the H & S Director in delivering the resort's strategic plan. Ensuring the resort operates an effective safety management system integrated into all working practices across the organization and is compliant with all H&S related legislation.
* Where incidents do occur, ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
* In conjunction with your direct reports you are to ensure that safe working procedure is supported by appropriate risk assessment and that these assessments are maintained, audited and reviewed as appropriate for all work tasks.
* To ensure that the Technical Services function provides a safe working environment for its employees in line with departmental and Group procedures and Policy.
* To ensure that any potential health and safety hazards are dealt with as quickly as possible, reported as necessary and RCA carried out to eliminate further incidents where practicable.
* To ensure that contractors working on site are being managed with full compliance with the park Permit to Work systems.
* Contractor management to include contractor safety performance and selection.
* To prepare and submit annual P&L and Cap Ex budgets to the Finance Director and to provide monthly forecast reports. Budget circa £5m.
* Develop strategies to improve efficiency of expenditure within budget including appropriate critical parts and consumable stock control, reduction of repairs and maintenance costs to lowest levels while maintaining high standards of service and presentation..
* Suggest and demonstrate activities to increase the revenue of the business. Look for opportunities to ensure value for money is maintained on all activities via cost control.
* To act as technical advisor to all Project Champions to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* To submit application for the funding of capital projects.
* To deliver certain projects, as project champion, on time and within budget.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the site and provide technical advice on all developments.
- Oversee capital expenditure projects ensuring highest standards of safety, presentation and operational efficiency are delivered within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Maintain and promote a positive relationship with Professional, Statutory and Regulatory bodies that pertain to the operation of the Technical Services Function.
- To regularly review personal training and development plans for technical staff within your area of responsibility, to ensure competencies are appropriate and that robust succession plans are in place.
- Ensure self-development via additional training, attending seminars or other events appropriate to maintaining an up to date knowledge base relevant to the job role and industry.
- Operate and promote the company values and the brand values.
- Manage the performance of your teams in order to gain an effective work ethic and a good team spirit. Encouraging development and creative thinking within the team through strong leadership and setting of SMART objectives.
- Ensure the professional and effective recruitment of competent personnel, whilst adhering to HR policy.
- Encourage the technical teams to support the sites other functions where appropriate by knowledge sharing and demonstrating a customer service attitude.
- Develop direct reports with ongoing feedback via Personal Development Plans.
- Ensure good communication with technical teams and other Depts. Regularly, ensuring vital information and company strategies are shared on a timely basis.
- Ensure strong relationships with contractors
- Build strong working relationship and communication lines with key stakeholders in the business including our H&S Director and the SLT.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful