We currently have a position available for an inspirational and progressive Director of Delivery to join our team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £95,000 - £100,000 plus excellent benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include Company Car or 'cash for car' option, Salary Senior Management Group Bonus Plan and Health Insurance.
About the role of Director of Delivery:
You will be responsible for the delivery of the programme delivering our agreed business plan performance commitments and satisfying the needs of our colleagues. You will engage proactively with colleagues and teams across the business to Executive level and work collaboratively to agree and implement solutions which meet customer and stakeholder long-term interests. This will include attendance and contribution at relevant industry meetings and workshops.
Responsibilities as our Director of Delivery include:
- Acting as a role model for the Pennon Values
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of our teams, the eventual users and our customers is at the forefront of what we do.
- Championing the drive for SWW Net Zero Carbon commitments within the context of the capital programme
- Leading the annual SIP allocation and delivery process
- Leading the development of the capital interventions required by SIP as appropriate within the End to End Delivery Structure
- Leading the maintenance of Asset Health data.
- Being responsible for timely and accurate reporting of progress and budget performance
- Supporting the wider business as necessary to address the performance of those components and systems that enable SWW to meet its commitments
- Maintaining the capability and engagement of the team
What we are looking for in our Director of Delivery:
- Engineering commercial or technical qualification to degree equivalent
- Ability to take over this team, building purpose and processes whilst delivering business outcomes is the key requirement
- Experience within a leadership role in either an Engineering Consultancy/ Contractor or Client Organisation
- Knowledge of the Water Sector
- A good technical understanding
- Asset Management experience
- Experience of managing to budget and time
- Contract management knowledge
Closing date: Monday 26th July 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Director of Delivery - we look forward to receiving your application